As the summer winds down you may be realizing that the vote is just around the corner and you haven’t quite gotten around to your fundraising.
No worries, any superhero would tell you that it’s never too late to start, and FundHero is here to help.
Here is what you need to do:
Dust off your friends and family list (or create one if you haven’t yet)
- First off, thank those people who have already been helping you!
- Expand your list by adding more people; ask those on your current list for recommendations to help you build it. Always keep adding names to this list.
- Check out this old blog post to find ways to expand your list or create your first one.
Add volunteers and other people you’ve met to your list
- During the summer you spent time at festivals, parades, events, vacations and more. You met a lot of different people many of whom want to help you out.
- Add those people to your list! They will be your sidekicks and your superteam as you push through the final stretch. They will be the people who help you get your name out there.
Prepare a fall fundraising letter
- You need to remind people that the race isn’t over yet, there are just a few months left! Draft your fall fundraising letter to thank your supporters and ask them for financial support once again.
- We have a whole blog dedicated to creating fundraising letters! Check it out here for tips on drafting your fundraising letters as well as some real example of fundraising letters.
Make a round of calls to all prospects before the end of the month
- Call all your prospects; let them know the campaign is just around the corner and you need their help and support.
- Don’t forget to send an email to follow up with them so they have a reminder of your call.
- FundHero can be a great tool for just this thing, you can track communication with all of your contacts and keep everyone organized so that fundraising can be simpler.
Resolicit your previous donors
- The people who are most likely to donate to your campaign have already supported you. Don't forget about these people, reach out to them. Give them a call to ask for support as you sprint to the finish.
Good luck over the next few months. We're here if you need us.